Vegetable Idli Recipe | Veg Idli | How to make Healthy Vegetable Idlis at home | सब्ज़ियों वाली इडली
Idli is a very popular South Indian recipe which is now famous all over the world and avaiable in every part of India. Today, I’ll share a twist in the recipe and will make veg idlis by adding variety of vegetables to the idli batter.
Vegetable Idlis are very healthy recipe to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can also serve it to your guests. This recipe is very delicious and colorful, which your kids would really love to have in their lunch boxes as many parents face problem making their kids eat idlis and vegetables alone. So let’s begin with the recipe and follow step-by-step recipe to make the delicious Vegetable Idli which can be served with coconut chutney, mint chutney, Sambhar or ketchup: –
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Servings : 3
Course: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: South Indian
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- 4 Cups Idli Batter/Dosa Batter
- 1 small Onion – Finely Chopped
- ¾ Cup of Chopped Beetroots, Capsicum, Carrot
- 2 Green Chilies – Chopped (Optional)
- ¼ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste or Chopped
- 4-6 Curry Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan; add asafetida (hing) and mustard seeds. When mustard seeds start cracking then add onions.
- After 30 seconds, add curry leaves and green chilies. Keep stirring for few seconds.
- Add Turmeric (Haldi), red chili powder and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add beet roots, capsicum, carrot and salt. Mix well for 1 min., switch off the flame and keep aside to let it cool down.
- Pour the Idli batter in large mixing bowl. Add the prepared vegetables into the batter and mix well.
- Heat the idli steamer with enough water, Grease the idli moulds with a bit of oil.
- Pour the idli batter into the greased moulds and steam for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the idlis are light to touch.
- Serve the vegetable idlis with Coconut Chutney or mint chutney or peanut chutney or Sambhar
- Idlis can be made with dosa batter or idli batter. Readymade batter is also available in the market these days.
- Always check the idlis by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean then they are ready to eat. If skewer not comes out clean then cover with lid and steam for a few more minutes
- If you are making it for kids then skip green chilies