Food makes our body work, grow and repair it own. The variety of food we consume can have an effect on the efficiency of these processes. Food is what we people or animals eat to survive and it comes from either animals or plants.
Food gives energy and nutrition to living beings. People and animals get nutrition from food to get healthy because food contains protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, fat and minerals.
What is Nutrition?
Nutrition is the procedure of providing required food to the body or organs to remain fit and healthy. Food is important for all the living beings as it provides essential nutrients and micronutrients to the body and eating a balanced diet is very important for good and healthy body.
Following are the most important micronutrients and macronutrients:-
- Protein: Body needs protein to build and repair tissue. Our nails and hairs are made of protein. Protein is very important to body building, muscles, skin and blood.
- Carbohydrates: Sugars, fibers and starches found in fruits, vegetables, grains and milk products are carbohydrates. It is the key source of energy for the body.
- Vitamins: Body needs vitamins to develop and function properly. There are 13 necessary vitamins.
- Fats: Fats are very important part of our diet as it gives energy, maintains body temperature and also absorbs certain nutrients.
- Minerals: Our body needs minerals to build strong bones & teeth. Minerals turn the food into energy.
- Water: Body needs water for the proper circulation of nutrients. Skin also needs water to regulate the body temperature through sweating.