White Butter (Safed Makhan) – How to make Safed Makhan at home?
Ghee and white butter (safed makhan) are made from Milk malai (the layer which comes as a cream over the milk; after boiling and keeping milk in the fridge for some hours). White butter is easily available in the market but homemade butter is fresh and tastier and you can’t even compare homemade safed makhan with the one which you bought from the market. Moreover, it’s so simple and easy to make. I always make white butter on almost every weekend for breakfasts as it adds more taste to pranthas’. You can always make extra butter for next day as it can be stored for 2 days in the fridge. So here is the recipe to make white butter (safed makhan) at home:-
Preparation Time: 2 weeks
Cook Time: 0
Author: Iqbal Kaur
2 cups of Cream/Malai
- Boil 1.5 litre of full fat milk every day for 2 weeks and take out the malai (thick layer of cream on Milk) next day after keeping the milk in the fridge.
- Collect and store the malai for almost 2 weeks in the fridge.
- After 2 weeks, take out the malai from fridge and left it at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Take the malai in a large deep bowl and blend the malai with the help of hand blender for 3-4 minutes
- When you see a thick layer of butter formed, put 2-3 cups of ice water on to the butter and now you’ll notice that butter starts separating from milky water completely
- Take the butter between your palms and squeeze the water out of it. Repeat till you take out all the butter and keep the white butter in a separate bowl.
- Serve it or store in an air-tight container for two days.
- Finish the butter in two days as after two days its taste start getting changed.
- White butter can also be made out of fresh cream which you can buy from the market.