Aloo Pyaz Kachori Recipe | Khasta Onion Kachori | आलू प्याज की कचौड़ी
Aloo Pyaz Kachori is very popular snack of Northern India – Rajasthan which is easily available all over India now. It is like a crispy flaky texture from outside and spicy, sweet, tangy flavorful filling on the inside.
Kachori can be made with varity of fillings like dal kachori, raj kachori, matar kachori but aloo pyaz kachori is one of the best and flavourful kachori with combination of potato, onion and aromatic Indian spices. It’s served with sweet and tangy tamarind chutney and mint chutney.
So, let’s begin with the recipe. Please follow step-by-step recipe to make tasty and delicious aloo pyaz ki kachori: –
Preparation Time: 40 min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
Servings : 12 Kachoris’
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour or Maida
- ¼ cup Oil (warm)
- ½ tsp Salt
- Water as required
For the Filling
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds or Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds or Jeera
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds or Saunf
- 2 Garlic clove – Finely chopped
- Ginger – 1/8 tsp Finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies – Finely Chopped
- 2 small Onions – Chopped
- 2 small Potato – Boiled and Mashed
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour or Besan
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric or Haldi
- ¼ tsp Mango Powder or Aamchur Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida or Hing
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 24 Raisins
- Oil for Frying
- In a deep bowl, add flour, salt, oil and mix it together. Now add water little by little and knead it form soft dough. Cover this and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan; add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Roast them together for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Now transfer it to a mixer jar or by using mortar and pestles crush them to a coarse powder.
- Now add 2 tbsp oil in the same pan. Add Asafoetida, garlic, ginger and green chilies and sauté for 30 seconds or until garlic turns to brown in color
- Now add finely chopped onions and sauté till onion becomes light pink in color
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric, crushed masala (Cumin, saunf, coriander) and mango powder. Mix well and keep stirring for about 20 seconds.
- Now add gram flour, mix well and sauté till you get nice aroma.
- Now add boiled mashed potatoes, salt to taste and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and let this cool down for some time.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat for frying and wait until it gets hot.
- Divide prepared dough into 12 equal portions. Take one portion, roll and flatten it in your palms or make a bowl shape of it
- Now to this add around 1 tbsp of prepared aloo pyaz filling at the center and add 2 raisins also. Get the edges together and seal by pressing it.
- Next, gently press the edges using palm of one hand and fingers of another hand or rolling pin and roll to form a kachori about 4 inch diameter.
- Now add the rolled kachoris to the medium hot oil and fry on medium low flame until they are crisp and golden brown from both the sides. This may take about 10-15 mins and keep flipping after every 5 mins.
- When kachoris’ turn to golden brown, transfer it to paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy Aloo Pyaz ki Kachori with tamarind chutney and mint chutney.
- To cook properly from inside and make kachoris’ khasta, always fry them on medium low flame
- To save frying time of kachoris’, always take big deeper pan for frying so that you can cook 4-6 kachoris’ at one time.