Suji Halwa Recipe | Sooji Ka Halwa | Sheera Recipe | सूजी का हलवा
Suji Halwa is a Indian pudding made with Ghee, Semolina, Sugar and Dry Fruits. Sooji ka Halwa is very easy to make recipe which you can make to entertain guests at short notice. It is served as Prasad in Puja and called Rava Sheera also. Suji Ka Halwa is always served with Poori and chole on Navaratri to Goddess Durga. It is very healthy thats why suji pudding is given to babies as their first solid foods.
Health Benefits of Kala Channa (Black Chickpeas): High in Protein and B Vitamins, including Folate and thiamine.
Please follow step-by-step recipe to make delicious Suji Ka Halwa (सूजी का हलवा) at home:-
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Servings : 2
Cuisine: North Indian
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- ½ cup Suji/Sooji (Semolina)
- ½ cup Ghee (clarified butter)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- 5 Almonds (badam) – sliced
- 10 Raisins (optional)
- 5 Cashew Nuts (kaju) – Chopped (Optional)
- 5-10 Pistachio – Sliced (Optional)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Boil water and sugar together in a saucepan and keep it (Chashni) aside
- Heat ghee in a Kadai over medium flame, add sooji and roast it until golden brown. This will take about 8-10 minutes
- Reduce flame to low and add boiled sugar water (Chashni) slowly. Stir constantly to avoid any lump formation.
- When you add all the water, turn the flame to medium and cook until all water gets absorbed. Add cardamom powder and all the dry fruits when the halwa has semi-solid consistency. Save some dry fruits for garnishing.
- Serve hot “Sooji ka halwa” with Puri, Aloo or kale channe.
Tips & Notes
- Water can be replaced with Milk to make the halwa tastier and softer. In this case, you need add sugar after roasting the Sooji and after 2-3 minutes add milk.