Dosa Pizza Recipe | How to make Healthy Vegetable Pizza Dosa at home | डोसा पिज्जा
Pizza has become very popular among young generation and it’s very tempting too. We noticed that teenagers and working professionals often hangout or party at a pizza restaurants. The base of pizza is made from Maida (all purpose flour) and nutritionist thinks, regular consumption of Maida is not good for our health. It can lead to several health problems only if we are consuming maida regularly.
So, have you ever given a thought of healthy version of Pizza? No!
Dosa Batter is very healthy and have lots of health benefits too. For example:
Health Benefits of Dosa Batter
- It is easy and light on your digestive system
- Good source of protein and carbohydrates
- Low on fats because of less saturated fat
So let’s start with the recipe and please follow step by step recipe to make healthy pizza dosa at home:
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Servings : 4
Author/Chef: Iqbal Kaur
- 250 gm or 4 cups of Dosa Batter
- One Small Onion – Sliced
- One Small Capsicum – Sliced
- One Small Tomato – Sliced
- One Bowl of Sweet Corn
- 1 ½ cup of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup of Red Pizza/Pasta Sauce (Homemade or Readymade)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Oregano for seasoning (optional)
- Heat dosa tawa or normal tawa. When it is hot, use a clean piece of kitchen towel/paper with a little vegetable oil on it to lightly grease around all over the tawa.
- Turn the heat on a low. Take two ladles full of dosa batter and pour it over the tawa, don’t spread it too much.
- After 30 seconds or when the base is lightly cooked, spread two tbsp of pasta/pizza sauce, spread onion, capsicum, tomatoes and sweet corn
- Finally spread grated cheese. Cover the tawa with a lid and cook until the cheese is fully melted.
- When it is fully melted, turn the heat to medium for another one min. and let the base become crispier.
- Now, turn off the flame and transfer the dosa pizza into a plate, season it with oregano and cut into 4-6 pieces. Serve it hot and enjoy…
- You can add more vegetables toppings of your choice, like olives, baby corns, paneer cubes, red pepper etc.
- The base should be thick so do not spread the batter too much. It should be like an uttapam base.