Namkeen Seviyan Recipe | Vermicelli Pulao Recipe | नमकीन सेवइयां
Namkeen Seviyan or Vermicelli Pulao is a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack recipe because you can as many as vegetables you like. It is also an idle lunch for kids’ tiffin as its healthy, very quick, easy to make and great source for energy production. Today I am making it with just two vegetable as my daughter likes these vegetables a lot.
Health Benefits of Vermicelli: Rich in carbohydrates which are very important for energy production in the body.
So let’s start and please follow the recipe step by step to make delicious Namkeen Seviyan (नमकीन सेवइयां) / Vermicelli Pulao at home: –
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Servings : 3
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- 1 ½ cup Roasted Vermicelli / Seviyan
- ¾ tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chili – finely Chopped
- 1 medium Onion – Chopped
- 1 medium Capsicum – Chopped
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds) – Optional
- Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- ¼ tsp Haldi (Turmeric) – Optional
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups Water
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and jeera. When Jeera and Mustard seeds starts cracking, add asafoetida, onion, and green chilies.
- Fry onion for a minute then add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavor of ginger-garlic goes away
- Now add capsicum and sauté for a minute.
- Add haldi, kali mirch powder, salt and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water and when the water starts to boil then add vermicelli/seviyan and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook till all the water is absorbed
- Check the vermicelli/seviyan, if it’s still need to be cooked add 1/2 a cup of more water and cook.
- Serve hot Namkeen Seviyan/Vermicelli Pulav with ketchup and Tea/Coffee.
- To make vegetable crunchy in the dish, please don’t cook vegetables for a long time.
- If you don’t have a roasted vermicelli/seviyan, first roast the vermicelli for 1 minute without any oil