Butter Paneer Recipe | How to make Paneer Butter Masala at Home | बटर पनीर
Butter Paneer or Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular dish in North Indian cuisine and is served in every restaurant of North India. This recipe can be effortlessly made at home with simple ingredients which are available in every home. This is a restaurant style rich, creamy and so tempting Paneer dish which is prepared in butter.
Creamy Texture: Creaminess in the dish comes from the Cashews or Cream. Cream can be avoided to make it less rich.
Butter: To give the justice to the name of the dish, this dish is prepared in butter to make it more rich and buttery.
The taste of the dish is somewhat sweet and tangy. Sweetness comes from Onions, tomatoes give tangy taste, and cashews give creamy velvety texture to the dish.
Health Benefits of Paneer:-
- Rich in Protein
- Controls Blood Sugar Levels
- Good for Heart
- Boosts Weight Loss
- Improves Digestion
- High on Calcium
- Good Source of Fat soluble Vitamins A & D
- Loaded with Healthy Fats
So, let’s start and please follow step-by-step recipe to make delicious Butter Paneer or Butter Paneer Masala at home:-
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
Servings : 3
Cuisine: North Indian
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- 250gm Fresh Paneer
- 2 medium sized Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- 6-8 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Green Chilies
- 4 small or 3 medium sized Tomatoes
- 2 Bay leaves (Tej Patta)
- 3 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 2-3 Cloves (Laung)
- 10-12 Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
- ¼ tsp Jeera Powder (Cumin Powder)
- ¾ tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (Haldi) – Optional
- ¼ tsp Degi Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Kasuri Methi
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala – Optional
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 50gm Amul Butter (Cooking Butter)
- Salt to taste
- Water – 4 Glasses
- Cut the onions and Paneer in cube sizes.
- Boil 2-3 glasses of water in Pan, when water starts boiling add bay leaves, cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, cashew nuts, green chilies, onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes
- Let it boil until only 1/4 glass of water left in the pan or tomatoes skin start separating
- Let it cool down and when it’s cool then grind everything in a mixer.
- After grinding it, filter the puree with the help of kitchen strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat the pan on medium heat, add butter.
- When butter melts, add powder masala – Coriander powder, turmeric, Kashmiri (Degi) red chili powder, cumin powder, hing. Fry them for 20 seconds.
- Add boiled and puree of onion and tomatoes. Mix it well.
- Cook it until it reduces to 1/4 of in quantity. Add 3/4 glass of water, mix well and let it boil/cook for 5 more min.
- Add garam masala and kasuri Methi, mix well and cook it for another 1 min.
- Add Paneer. Mix well and cook it for another 1 min.
- Serve butter Paneer or Paneer butter masala hot with Pranthas, roti, rumali roti, rice, lacha pranthas.
- We can shallow fry onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chilies, whole masala instead of boiling them
- To make the gravy red, you can avoid turmeric powder and can also add red food color
- Shallow fry the Paneer to add crunch to it