Aloo Shimla Mirch Sabzi Recipe | Potato Capsicum | आलू शिमला मिर्च सब्ज़ी
Aloo (Potato) Shimla Mirch (Capsicum) is very simple dry vegetable (Sukhi Sabzi – सूखी सब्ज़ी) served with chapatti (रोटी) and prantha. It is very delicious healthy dish because Aloo (Potato) is a good source of Carbs, Fiber, Vitamin C, B6, Manganese and Potassium whereas Shimla Mirch (Capsicum) is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, B6, E and dietary fibre. This sabzi can also a great option to be added in Kids lunch boxes and side dish for adults’ lunch or dinner. Please follow step-by-step recipe to make delicious Aloo Shimla Mirch sukhi sabzi at home :-
Preparation Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Servings : 3
Cuisine: North Indian
Author: Iqbal Kaur
- 2 medium sized Aloo (Potato) – washed and Cut in small Cubes
- 2 medium/1 big sized Capsicum – washed and cut in small Cubes
- 2 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil (Sarso Ka Tail)
- ¼ tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- ¼ tsp Haldi (Turmeric)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder or to taste
- ¾ tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- ½ tsp Mango Powder (Aamchur)
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add asafoetida and jeera.
- Once jeera starts splitering, turn the flame to low and add corriander powder and haldi powder. Let it cook for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add chopped potatoes’, sprinkle red chili powder and salt. Mix them well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let potato cook for 5-8 min. or till potato gets cook to 70%. Stir in between.
- After 5-8 min., add chopped capsicum, mix well and let it cook along with potato for 5 min., Stir in between
- Now add Aamchur powder, mix well and cook it for another 2 min.
- After 2 min. switch off the flame and serve Aloo Shimla Mirch sabzi with Chapati or Parantha
- Add capsicum only when potatoes’ are 70% cooked so that you can enjoy the crunchiness of capsicum.
- To make the dish crunchier, you can add onions in after the jeera and cook till they turn pink in color.